How can you help??
Not everyone wants – or has the time - to join the PTA, but there are lots of other ways that you can help us to do the best for our children:
- If you’re happy to help out as & when you can, please join our Bank of Helpers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We can then contact you as & when we’re running an event, and – if you’re free – you can let us know!
- Do you shop on-line? If you do, please click here to register with Give as You Live and help to raise money for our school as you shop – at no cost to you!
Thousands of leading online retailers are listed on Give as you Live, including supermarkets, ebay and Amazon. Each of these retailers pays a commission every time a sale is generated through the Give as you Live site, and at least 50% of this commission comes to Friends of Dovedale.
- Does your employer offer any support to local charities, such as:
- Matching any funds raised (this can make a HUGE difference – for example, recent support from Barclays DOUBLED the money raised from our school discos);
- Donating items;
- Offering opportunities for our pupils to fundraise themselves – e.g. by supermarket bag-packing?
If so, please email us at email@example.com
- We’re always looking for games and/or raffle prizes. Are you – or anyone you know – able to help us with this? If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you – or is anyone you know - a handy Andy or Andrea? Our games offer at recent Fayres has been greatly enhanced by the carpentry and artistic skills of family members, but we’re always looking for new ideas. If you could help with this, please email us at email@example.com
- Do you have any great fundraising ideas yourself? If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a big school, and very lucky that our families are hugely generous in terms of their donations to, and attendance at, the events that we run. Partly because we are such a big school, however, our small school PTA doesn’t know everyone and so we can’t make personal asks. If you could possibly help out in any way – any way at all – please do contact us.